Wednesday 31 August 2011

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes: Generation One

Introduction

Hi, my name is Cheryl Malifa (nee Steel) and like my parents, Marcus and I were forced to leave Barnacle Bay with our family when a hurricane destroyed much of the town.  We had been thinking of moving anyway as Marcus had been offered a job transfer to the science lab in Bridgeport.  Our son, Lucas has not been doing that well in school, so we are hoping  that he'll focus more on his studies at his new school and less on play so that his grades improve. 

We purchased some land across from Lucas's school on Backdrop parkway where we rebuilt our house. Fortunately we were one of the few families who were able to salvage all our belongings from the devestating hurricane.   My younger brother, Ishmael and his wife Consuelo have also moved to Bridgeport as Ishmael was also offered the same job transfer as Marcus.  They found a lot for their house located in the hills on the other side of the Bridgeport Bridge.  Unfortunately our birth records were lost when the Barnacle Bay town offices were flooded during the storm, so to the public Ishmael and Consuelo will appear to be close friends of ours but in my heart Ishmael will always be my baby brother and of course his wife is still my sister-in-law.

The move seems to be working as Lucas is more diligent at doing his homework, now.  Marcus and I have also been able to teach Linus how to walk and talk.  Linus loves playing with his special doll that his grandparents gave him when he was born.  We plan to expand our family in the near future so stay tuned for further little bundles of joy in our household.

Marcus and I have discussed with each other about what kind of legacy we would like to have our heir carry on into the generations to come.  While my grandparents' (Christopher and Jan Steel) faithfulness and my parents' music  will continue to passed on in our family, we have decided that we want each of our children to realize and achieve their lifetime goals and dreams while teach good moral values to their families and being upright citizens in their respective communities and to never look down on others no matter what their social standing is and to help others in need.

This has been a brief introduction to the Malifa family legacy and I am thrilled to be able to write our story and  be a part of a triple legacy: first generation Malifa, second generation to my parents' music legacy and third generation to the founding Steel legacy of faithfulness.   It's quite a lot for Marcus and I to live up to but with hard work, devotion, and love the Malifa family is up for the challenge.


Chapter One:  Family Life


A few weeks after we got settled in Bridgeport,  my brother Ishmael and his wife, Consuelo moved back to Barnacle Bay after she was offered a journalist position there.  Just before they left, Ishmael and Consuelo adopted a baby boy, Paulo who is now the cutest toddler that you ever did see.  Marcus and I wish them all the best.

My sister Carrie, sad to say, is no longer with the family as one day she just vanished without a trace and no one knows what happened to her.  Iris has also moved to town in the next state that is also called Bridgeport with her two friends Scotty and Jane who were Ian and Iris's imaginary friends that they were able to make real.  Scotty and Jane have recently gotten married and have just had a baby girl, Alexandra.  Marcus and I are still hoping that Iris meets her special someone someday and is able to have her own family.

Our move to Bridgeport has turned out to be a blessing in disguise as Lucas is finally doing well in school and has made the honor roll.  Marcus and I looking forward to seeing what he decides to do with his life as he will be the heir in our family to carry on the Steel and Malifa legacies.  Linus is now in school and already wants to be a world renown surgeon someday.   Please join Marcus and I as we happily welcomed our third little boy into the world, Curtis who was born happy, healthy,  friendly and with a love for the outdoors which gives him a good appetite.  It's kind of interesting that Marcus and I now have three boys and my brother, Ian and his wife Autumn now have three girls.  Maybe Ishmael and Consuelo will have both.

Marcus and I are quickly making new friends in Bridgeport and get invited to various social events around the city.  Ace Wilde, Mick Situp, and Armstrong Diesel are all co-workers of Marcus and they have become good friends.  My fishing career is starting to take off and I've caught many different kinds of fish including piranha, blowfish, catfish, and jellyfish.   Lucas also has a part-time job at the local spa to help him gain work experience and earn extra money.

That's all for now and to all of our friends may all your dreams in life come true.


Your friends,
Cheryl and Marcus Malifa

No comments:

Post a Comment