Monday 4 July 2011

Jan's House of Blues

Prologue

Hi, my name is Jan Tedfor and I just moved to Sunset Valley to start a new life for myself.  My story is sort of based after the real version of myself, Janet Tedford (aka Silver).

Here is a little background of my growing up years.  I was born in a big city 40 years ago and my early life left a big impact on how I would develop throughout the years much of the first five years of my life is sketchy but was not good as various events contributed to the loss of my developmental years which is very important in developing social skills.  When I was just one, my real mother abandoned me and apparently was placed in foster care for a short time. At the age of three my grandmother took me in, although she tried to give me a home, she did not teach me the basics of life and was overprotective and instilled in me lot of fears, some of which are still with me, today.  I don't remember much of my real father except that he would leave me outside in a stroller while he spent the day in a local bar.  I do remember getting milk from the bartender.  My father and grandmother would often argue.  The only friend I had at the time was a German Shepherd dog that lived in the neighborhood.  Most people were afraid of the dog but I have always had a way with animals and they instinctively know they can trust me.  I especially love dogs and cats but did grow to love horses later in life.

When I was five, I went to live with my two aunts, one of whom was a children's doctor.  She took care of the health issues I had by fixing my nose bleed problem.  Before then I would need to go to the hospital to get my nosebleeds stopped.  This is when my life turned around and I was adopted by loving couple who raised me as their own in a loving environment.  It took many years for me to overcome my many fears.  I still have a fear of ice, though, as I never learned to skate and have broken a few bones on it.  Because of my developmental years, I always learned things slower that other people my age because of being afraid of doing certain things like swimming at the age of 12.

I was very much a loner in school as most of my classmates made fun of mefor being 'different'.  Making friends was difficult for me for that reason.  Over the years, I have learned that you only need a few true friends to help you through difficult times.  Growing up an only child, I also spent a lot
of time alone with our dogs, cats, and later horses as my companions so had to learn how to entertain myself. 

My family showed me lots of love and I grew up playing with my cousins, who became like sisters to me.  In high school I began to make more friends although I was still picked on by the school bus brats.  There where many times I felt ignored both in high school and university as it takes me awhile to open up to people.  Three years ago, I got married to my wonder husband, who had a harder upbringing than me and he has helped me to understand somethings about myself that I didn't see before.  I am thankful for having been adopted for who knows where I'd be if I wasn't.



Part One of My Sim's story- Chapter One


I am just getting settled into her new home in Sunset Valley and has met a few of the towns folk.  Since I like to cook in my spare time, I chose learning all the recipes in the Sim world as my lifetime goal.  Surprised myself when I decided I wanted to join the law enforcement career and have done well at it so far.  My boss is impressed with my work and has given me a raise and a promotion already.  My partner, Hank Goddard has become my best friend.

Since blue is one of my favorite colors, I have decorated my home mainly in blues with hardwood flooring in the main living areas.  Hopefully my descendents will have pets someday as I've always grown up with animals and that is one thing I miss in my new home.  Have started to meet some of the locals and had a fun game of tag with Gobias Koffi the other day at the park.  Am learning logic and gardening skills to further my career and to grow ingredients to cook with, respectively.

It will be fun to see how my Sim grows and develops in my story and to see in what ways Jan's life will be similar or better than mine real life.  In real life, I am not a cop but because Sims are independent most of the time, it's neat to see me do things I wouldn't do in normally.

Chapter Two

I'm really enjoying my law enforcement career and have recently been promoted to lieutenant with my very own police cruiser. How cool is that? On Friday evening I met Cycl0n3 (Cy for short) at the park and we had an impromptu outing together. We went swimming at the local swim club and then had dinner at the diner. It was a great time spent with each other and Cy and I became fast friends. No romance in the air, yet but I just look forward to becoming better friends with him for now. Many in the town label him as nerd but he is a nice guy when to get to know him. As they say, 'never just a book by its cover'.

Saturday night, I threw my first house party and served Ratouille. Justine Keaton seem to really like it as she had three servings. She's a nice person as well as my boss and didn't mind that Marty and I danced together for a little while (he asked of course). At the beginning of the party it looked like there was a line up of guys who wanted to dance with me, Styles McGraw and Gobias both wanted a dance, too but the night was over too quickly. The guests enjoyed themselves and some even had fun playing in the sprinklers I bought for my garden.

The next morning, I was up with the birds and had fun playing in the sprinklers myself. It's a good way to get a person going in the morning. Having the sprinklers to play in bring back childhood memories of my cousins and I playing with them on a hot summer day as a sprinkler is a good substitute for a pool or going to the beach.

I'm now into a new week at work and have received my first party invitation from Jared Frio, whom I met at the Science Lab on Sunday. Have done some decorating in the bathroom and living room with new fixtures and lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment