Thursday 21 July 2011

The Day Family's Legacy of Hope: Generation Two

Chapter One:  Oliver's Return to Riverview

My name is Oliver Day and have just returned to Riverview to start my medical career at the local hospital.  I was born here, actually to to wonderful parents, Nick and Silver Day.  If you wish to read about their lives just click on the link at the bottom of my story.  I had three sisters Vicki, Nicola, and Sylvia who are currently with my Dad on the tropical island where Mom passed away a few years in a tragic accident while vacationing there with my father.   Dad is slowly recovering from his loss and plans to eventually move to Old Town to start up the horse ranch that Mom always wanted in her memory.

Needless to say that moving back to Riverview has drained almost all of the allowance Dad gave me to help get me settled in my new life.   I was able to purchase a nice plot of land and found some scrap hardwood floor tiles at the local junk yard that was in good condition, built a little half bath with a toilet for now, and purchased a fridge, a small table with two chairs, a little radio, and a sleeping bag to start out with.  Will visit the local gym everyday for a shower until I can afford one of my own.  Someday I would love to have a family of my own to pass the values my parents taught to my children and hopefully a future generation will also have a horse farm in remembrance of their ancestors, my parents.

Have settled quite nicely into back into my hometown and have already begun making friends.  Shirley Lin is a fellow bed pan cleaner at the hospital and she has become my first friend.  Am starting to get to know my boss Marisol Lobos who has promised me a raise if I go to Egypt and bring back three scarab beetles for the science lab at the hospital which I plan to do as soon as funds permit.

To help save on grocery bills I planted a garden with grapes, lettuce and tomatoes and also planted some apple trees on my property.  After showering at the gym during my first week in town, I was finally able to afford a shower with a raise I received at work.  One thing about living with very little money you learn to appreciate having the basic things in life like a roof over your head, a toilet and shower and of course food.   Living on needs and not wants helps you to budget edge step of your life.

My parents always taught me to help others out who are in need, so when the son of my mother's dear friend Jan (Keiler) called to tell me that his sister, Johanna had just accepted a position in the local hospital as a bed pan cleaner and needed a place to live.  I graciously agreed to let her stay with me on my property and Johanna arrived the next day.   Keiler had given Johanna her portion of the inheritance money that Chris and Jan left each of their children to help them start new lives of their own.  In appreciation of letting her live with me, Johanna used hers to build us a comfortable starter home to live in and some necessary furniture, appliances, and light fixtures.   We are just getting to know each other but already I can see that Johanna is a special girl who loves the outdoors just as much as I do.  It's great to have someone to work out with as it is a great motivator for staying in shape.   Yes, I already have a crush on her and hope that someday we can be more than just friends.

Chapter Two:  Establishing a Happy Life in the Midst of Tragedy

First, here is a little update on the rest of my family.  Dad has  decided to live out his days on the island where Silver passed away so suddenly so that he can be laid to rest next to his wife and his twin girls when his days on earth are over.  My sister, Vicki has also returned to Riverview but I won't get to see her that much as she has been invited to join the Zeus boarding school that is run by another Simmer, Cassii who is establishing his own town of Riverview.  Sadly, I just recently learned that my younger sisters, Nicola and Sylvia, were swept out to sea when they were playing on the beach and a big tidal wave came in and carried them out too fast for anyone to be able to rescue them.  They have also been buried next to each other by their mother.

This leaves me Oliver to carry on the family story with my new wife, Johanna by my side.   Through everything, I have learned that even though there is tragedy in life that there is always hope for those who are left behind to carry on.   Johanna and I pray that through love, patience, and living our lives with a positive attitude that we can pass the legacy of hope to our children and have this message  passed from generation to generation and that someday one of Silver's descendents can have that horse farm that my mother always dreamed about.

Johanna has settled well into life in Riverview and the more we got to know each other, the closer we found ourselves being drawn together and in no time at all Johanna and I were in love.  Instead of a big wedding, Johanna and I decided visit a romantic resort on a remote island that specializes in offering wedding packages to suit every relationship and get married there.  It was like a wedding and honeymoon all-in-one where there were no paparazzi to bother us.  I mean who wants those tale bearers following them around on their honeymoon.

Upon our return home Johanna and I found that our house had burned down along with all of our possessions while we were away.  When my wonderful brother Keiler found out he sent us a substantial amount of money for our wedding gift to help us in either building or buying a new home.  We then purchased a home at the corner of  Cotton Branch Drive and Riverview Road and after redecorating, adding a basement with a bathroom and family room and purchasing all new furniture our home was finally ready to move into.  Oh, and the best part is that we had enough money to get ourselves a Jacuzzi and a new pick-up truck.

After getting settled into our new home, Johanna and I went back to work at the hospital.  Somehow our employment records got lost and as a result we were demoted back to 'organ donors' who assist families in making that difficult decision to donate organs from their loved ones who have pronounced brain dead after suffering extensive head trauma.  It may not seem fair that we had to start our careers over but hey in times of economic crisis one must do what they are told by their boss if  they want to keep their jobs.   I'm sure that in no time Johanna and I will work our way back up in our medical field.

Please join Johanna and I as we welcome our first child into the world, a healthy baby girl named Susanna.  She has dark hair like her parents and has aged up into the cutest toddler that you ever did see.   As a parent, I may be a little bias in that statement but all parents should be partial to their own children.  Susanna is quite taken with her special doll that her aunt Charity sent her from Bayport.  Maybe someday we'll have Charity and her husband Frank visit us for a weekend as we now have lots of room having added an upstairs with five bedrooms and a bathroom.

Work is going well for both Johanna and I.  Since Johanna went back to work from maternity leave, she has already been promoted to paramedic.  I'm currently working as an intern at the hospital having completed my stint as a paramedic.  My boss gave my a raise today for making it easier for the nurses to get the children to take their vitamins.   The other day I also hosted my  first vaccination clinic at the local graveyard and Johanna should be doing hers in the next day or so.  Both Johanna and I have also treated our first patients off the job.  I was called to administer medical assistance to someone who developed a case of nausea while watching a movie with Johanna on our first date.  Johanna had a similar experience after she went to the bookstore one day and someone took suddenly ill.  It gave us a good feeling to be able to help others get well again.


Chapter Three:  A New Home

After things had settled into steady routine at home, we found that celebrity life has both it's ups and downs.  The upside is the discounts that many businesses offer you but the downside is lack of privacy.  I mean just the other night one of the paparazzi just waltzed right in and started taking pictures of Johanna and I in bed.   Having your picture taken when you're out and about everyday is one thing but when you're sleeping is an invasion of  one's privacy.   So, Johanna and I discussed the possibility of moving to a quieter, more private area, here in Riverview and after someone came in and stole Susanna's crib right out from underneath her, we decided that a move was definitely in order.

After checking the real estate market, we found a nice home with an upstairs, garage, and a nice fenced in backyard.  Our new home is located at 1098 Dogwood Lane and is known as the Corgi Chief house and is right next to the fire department.   We added five bedrooms and a family room upstairs where family and friends can hang out and for our exercise equipment.  I've also renewed my love for music by purchasing a piano and guitar to entertain our guests with.

Johanna and I threw a birthday party for Susanna when she aged up to a young child but unfortunately the guests didn't get to see her blow out her candles as she kept blocking the top of the stairs.  Finally her mother was able to pick her up and bring Susanna to her birthday cake but everyone had left by then, so that left Johanna and I to cheer her on.  Someday we hope to have a second child in the family and two children are probably all we can handle right now with our busy medical careers.

Both Johanna and I are now paramedics and have had our first vaccination clinics.  I had mine at the new kiddy park in town and Johanna went to the cemetery to do hers.  It's a good way to meet your fellow citizens and help prevent major illnesses to break out and keep everyone healthy.

Work has been very busy and my boss has had me travel to Egypt twice to bring back some scarab beetles for research at the hospital.  On my last trip there I had the opportunity to enter the Tomb of the Burning Sands and retrieve some flame fruit for a local and had enough left over to bring home for our garden.  I have recently been promoted to Gene Therapist and have conducted my first free clinic. Johanna and I also follow up with some of our patients with house calls and so far all have fully recovered from their illnesses.  Johanna is now a trauma surgeon and is on call for any emergency that comes up.

My brother-in-law, Keiler contacted us one day to see if we'd be interested in adopting a little boy whose parents had been killed in a car accident in Bridgeport.  He knew that we had been trying to have another child on our own and thought that little Carter would be perfect for us.  Johanna and I readily agreed and one of Bridgeport's social workers brought him to Riverview once Carter had recovered from injuries he sustained in the accident.  He is a precious little boy who has brought a whole lot of happiness into our home.  Susanna is thrilled to have a little brother to cuddle and help care for.  Our daughter is growing up fast and is already in her teen years and is doing well in school.


Chapter Four:  Family Life


A lot has happened since we last chatted,  Susanna has graduated from high school with top marks in her class and was valedictorian at her graduation.  Johanna and I are both very proud of her and she has since joined the local police department but has aspirations of living the lifestyle of the rich and famous.  We are pleased that Susanna has chosen a career that fits our legacy of providing hope to others.   Carter is now in high school,  I know time flies and it seems like yesterday we were changing his diapers.  Our son has done well in school so far and is bring home top marks in his studies.  Carter is looking to follow in his parent's footsteps and become a world renown surgeon.  It's still a little soon to choose our heir but Johanna and I would love our legacy to continue in the medical field which is a good place to provide hope to those who are in need with excellent medical care.

Johanna and I are also pleased to announce that a new baby boy was just born into the family and we named him Victor.  With a few years to go before reaching our senior years, Johanna and I  would love to have at least one more child.  We would be just as happy with grandchildren though as Susanna is about to marry her high school sweetheart, Ferby Childs  and then they will start a family of their own.  Even though they plan to move into their own home, I've asked Susanna to stop by once and awhile and keep you updated on important events in their lives like having babies for Johanna and I to spoil.

Our careers have taken off by leaps and bounds and I've already reached my goal of becoming world renown surgeon and once Johanna is back to work from maternity leave, I'm sure she'll join me as she only has two promotions to go to reach that distinction.  We love our careers especially doing the vaccination and free clinics as well as making some house calls to make sure all of our patients have recovered from their illnesses.  Llama's tail is something that goes around in our town and is the Sim version of a serious flu epidemic.  Us doctors like to have a little fun at our clinics so we get our patients to say 'moo' instead of  'ah' which helps put everyone at ease for their examinations.

Susanna and Ferby are now happily married and settled into their new lives as husband and wife.  Our daughter was such a beautiful bride, it brings tears of joy to my eyes just thinking about the wedding.  Johanna and I have decided to pass our legacy of hope on to Susanna to carry on into the second generation.  She has chosen to be in the law enforcement career as her way of offering hope by keeping the streets of Riverview safe and helping those in need. Susanna has proven her worth at the police department and has already been promoted to traffic cop.  Ferby wants to become a best selling author someday so he has joined the writer's career.  This allows him to work from home while he and Susanna raise their children and yes, they are expecting their first child.

Carter will be graduating from high school in a few days and then enter medical school as he looks to becoming a world renown surgeon like his parents.  He will continue to live at home until he finds a place of his own or gets married.  Johanna and I have told Carter that he is welcome to live at here as long as he wants though, even after marriage.  Victor is just about to start school and as a parent, I hope that he does well in his studies as well.

Johanna has just been promoted to neurosurgeon for her dedication to her work.  Logic is a skill that is very important in our careers but is hard to keep up with as our schedules are so hectic.  I've been working on improving my logic by searching the galaxy for new planets and stars and so far have discovered one new planet, and three stars.  Now that Johanna has reached senior years, she hopes to find more time to improve her skills as well.  My birthday is coming up in a few days and will be joining the ranks of senior life.  We are looking forward to our twilight years where we can still practice medicine for awhile and spoil our grandchildren for the time we have left on this earth.

Just after finishing my update, Susanna and Ferby sat down and had a long talk with Johanna and I after the children went to bed about Susanna's inheritance.  While, Susanna is honored that we would chose her to be heir,  she and Ferby want to find a place of their own at some point to raise their children.  I guess that Susanna knows her parents very well in that although Johanna and I would be happy with whatever career our children choose, that deep down we would love nothing more than seeing our heirs carry on our medical practice throughout generations to come.   That being said, Susanna has graciously passed her heir status onto her little brother Victor, who even before he started school decided he wanted to follow in his parents' footsteps and become a world renown surgeon.  Carter is in total agreement of this arrangement as he wants to  move to Twinbrook to live with his aunt Vicki and uncle Ryder Steel to set up his medical practice there.

My how time flies as Johanna and I would also like to announce the safe arrival of our first granddaughter, Adrianna born healthy and strong.  Shortly after Adrianna's birth, Susanna was at her boss, George Dean's house for a party when one of the guests, Elaine Joy, went into labor and she called me to meet the mother at the hospital to help with the delivery.  I get a thrill every time a baby is born into this world and this time was no different when Elaine's little boy, Darin was born.


Chapter Five:  Twilight Years

Ferby and Susanna along with little Adrianna left today as they began their move to Hidden Springs where Johanna was offered a transfer to the police department there.  Ferby plans to continue his writing career there while helping Susanna raise their little family while she is at work everyday.  They caught the morning flight and plan to be their new home by tonight.  Susanna will update you once their settled as to their address and everything.

Shortly after they left, Johanna decided to return to Egypt to get the scarab beetles for her boss unfortunately, she was only able to find two.  One of the locals wanted her to deliver some very nice pomegranates but she could only find low end quality ones so, Johanna brought some home to grow and will deliver them once she harvests the new trees.   She also had fun exploring most of the Great Pyramid and has reached milestones in disarming traps and clearing rock piles.

I just reached my senior years but because of my daily exercise routine, I only feel like forty.  They say you're as old as you feel.  Hopefully the Grim Reaper will see it that way and not come for me for a long time.  Johanna and I threw a birthday party for Carter as he just became a young adult and will be joining his parents in the medical field.  At this time, he is not romantically involved with anyone but that could change at anytime and Victor is still in grade school.  Victor is one bright young man and also wants to be a world renown surgeon like his parents.

A few days after Carter's birthday,  Johanna returned to Egypt to get the rest of the scarab beetles for the hospital's research lab.  While there, she completed my last task for me and delivered an ancient relic to Mr Diab, who is heading an operation to infilterate the Morcucorp's headquarters.  Johanna was assigned the job of hacking into their main computer in Samir Amin's secret headquarters in his basement.   Fortunately Samir and Johanna became quick friends, so he wasn't too upset about the intrusion.  I'm planning to head back to Egypt myself, so I'll probably get the task of finding the Relic of Life for Mr Diab.  Johanna already got a head start on that task, so it should take too long to complete.

Victor has also just aged up to teenager and is starting high school, he also wants to be a surgeon, so I think our legacy is turning into one of world class surgeons who provide hope to our patients and their families in times of need.   Carter was able to make his imaginary friend, Cara real with a rainbow gem that Johanna brought home from her last trip.  Cara turned out to be not much older than Victor and is a very sweet girl and Johanna and I consider her to be our adopted daughter whether or not she marries one of our sons.

Carter is doing quite well in his medical career and is now and intern at the hospital.  Earlier this week, he had his first vaccination clinic where he was able to give everyone that came to him their shots.  I guess Johanna and I have vaccinated most of the town with our clinics, so there are not as many people coming to the vaccination clinics at this time.  Carter is going to be a wonderful, gentle doctor as he told me that not one of his patients cried out when he gave them their vaccines. 

Our eldest son will soon be leaving us though as he has received a job offer in a hospital in a neighboring town.  This will leave Victor to carry on the Day family legacy of Hope into the third generation.  Just as Johanna and I had secretly hoped,  Victor and Cara became romantically involved at their prom so expect a wedding shortly after he graduates from high school as Cara will be graduating first.  Carter has decided to wait until after Victor and Cara are married before he leaves for his new job.

Well the time has come for Johanna and I to starting thinking about retiring from our careers as we are getting well on into our senior years.  Don't be surprised though if we just work until the Grim Reaper comes for us as my wife and I are the happiest when we are taking care of our patients.  I have recently the top of both my guitar and athletic skills and am hoping to master the logic and piano skills.

I would like to take this time to thank all of our wonderful friends for following our story and now it is time to hand the Day legacy over to Victor to continue.  Johanna and I will both cherish all the friendships we've made in telling our story.  May you all have lives that are full of hope, good health, and love.

Your friends,
Oliver and Johanna Day

No comments:

Post a Comment