Tuesday 5 July 2011

Life After Twinbrook, by Carol Funke

This is Carol Funke to let you all know that I have moved into an apartment in Bridgeport. My family sends their best wishes. I'll miss them but it's time to start a life of my own.

I'm getting nicely settled in my apartment and Buster Round was one of the first to welcome me. He also stopped in to visit after my first day of work in the local municipal offices. We had a nice evening chatting and watching TV. It's too early to say if anything will happen but for now I want to become friends with him.

My passion is playing the guitar and will play it every chance I get. Had a nice little audience outside the local bookstore and also gained my first celebrity star by impressing Romeo Rake (who, by the way, is one of my guide's (Silver's) favorite Bridgeport Sims). Time gets away from me when playing my guitar and I played until 2:00 in the morning and then grabbed a bite to eat at the local diner and then went home to bed.



The first few weeks in Bridgeport have been really exciting while settling into my new home.  I've had two promotions at work, attended two parties, threw an epic party at my apartment, and gained another celebrity star. Harry Marks invited me to my very first party last week and I had lots of fun meeting his roommates and jamming with the guests. I threw a party on the weekend and everyone had a good time as I entertained them with my piano. The guests were so engrossed in my piano playing that half of them were blocking the doorway as others were trying to get in. It was funny watching them stomp their feet waiting to get in. Maybe they should try to say the magic words 'excuse me, please'. I must be a guy magnet or something as all of my guests were guys except for one girl, Kirby Wise. Am hoping that one of those 'guys' turns out to be my one true love.

My boss, Jeffrey Cook stopped in to visit one evening and we have since become good friends, which helps on the promotion side at work. Johnny Cook, Alexy Fresco, Richie Striker, and others are also friends. I've completed the first charisma challenge in meeting 25 celebrities. The local diner had me fix their clogged toilet that some idiot had flushed potato peelings down. Did you ever hear of anything so stupid, hoped the guy learned his lesson. Am getting ready for bed now after I learn a new recipe.

Oh, Silver wanted me to tell you a little story about Alexy. Long time ago, she created a Sim named Genna Evelyn, who is one of her close friends in real life. Genna lived in Bridgeport as well and shorty after moving in her apartment she met Alexy. He stopped in to visit with her several times and fell in love with her. Alexy then invited Genna to move in with him and she said 'yes'. Shortly after moving in together, Alexy and Genna were married and had a son named Alexander. Roommates Harry Marks and Polly Maloney also got married and had a child. Matilda Smart also lived with us and sort of became our babysitter as the children loved her. Alexy, Harry, Polly, and Matilda all got new clothing which Polly was thrilled about as she was tired of wearing that old coat. Genna also gave Alexy a haircut and he looked even more handsome before. Alexy and Genna's story ended happily ever after. 


This is Silver filling in for Carol, who had busy night throwing her first campaign fundraiser for her City Council position. It was a very successful with over $41,000 Sim dollars raised in donations. The Grim Reaper almost crashed the party in taking Fangmann but decided to be nice for once and let him live because her guest were all having a good time. Carol is quite the social butterfly and gets invited to a lot of parties and to do promotions for the local bars. She also makes friends easily as she hasn't met anyone yet who didn't like her and as a result now has her third celebrity star. 

Bridgeport citizens all voted for me to be mayor of the town for which I am very honored and will do my best to serve the town faithfully to the best of my ability.  To all my friends, I'm still just Carol who loves hanging out with and making new friends and playing music in my spare time. I've really taken to playing the bass and have reached level five. Started a band with Kirby Wise but we haven't performed together yet.

Just celebrated my birthday a few days ago had threw a party for my friends, I mean what's a birthday without friends to celebrate with. I all tried to have a fundraising party for my campaign but nobody showed up. Oh well, guess I picked a bad night as Jeffrey Cook was throwing a party, too that night. He had invited me, so instead of moping at home and went to his and had a great time. Katrina Pala invited me to her party the next night where I jammed with two of her guests.

As you can tell by opening statement, my career is going well and have been promoted to Mayor of Bridgeport. I leave my mayor title at home as I don't want to become snobby before my friends. Recently got myself a bicycle to get around town on but most of the time I get to travel in nice limo to get around.

It doesn't happen very often but I've had a few embarrassing moments. Once when I was on an outing with Johnny Jones as we had become best friends at home, I learned the hard way to ask a guy if he's single first and then his sign. Johnny's sign turned out to be compatible with mine but then got ahead of myself and tried to hold hands with him. That's when he informed me that he had a partner, Diana. How embarrassing, the good friend that he is, Johnny didn't let my mistake bother him as he values our friendship. Sometimes it's hard to be patient in the romance department as I haven't found my true love, yet, although Matty Crewe is a possibility. They say patience is a virtue and hopefully by following that rule the right man will come along and sweep me off my feet.

My celebrity agent has had me promote a couple of the bars in town. Just returned home from the Prosper Room where I sampled one of their drinks and performed on the piano for them. Embarrassed myself again when I invited Alexy to join me at there as my agent wants me to become friends with him. I didn't realize he couldn't get until it was too late and he left a little upset with me. He's OK now though as he called to apologize for leaving abruptly like that before I could join him in the hall. 



A few weeks later I had Jeffrey Cook over for a visit with no idea that this would be the last time I would see him alive as while we were jamming together, the Grim Reaper decided to choose that moment to take him. I mourned for two days after that as even though Jeffrey was my boss, we were also really close friends. Caroline Custard stopped in for a visit that night and offered her condolences which were much appreciated. One thing you can count on living in Bridgeport is your circle of friends and acquaintances who always stop in to visit when you need them the most.

I've been asked to do many things for the town, like play with local musicians at various function. Was even asked to provide some romantic music for a local restaurant for their customers to enjoy. I enjoy being able to serve my fellow citizens in any way I can. Isn't that what being Vice-President all about? My new boss is Harry Marks who is also a good friend.

Nothing much happening in the romance department, although I do have a crush on Romeo Rake but then again who doesn't. He stops in once and awhile and we have fun jamming and dancing together. Tonight, I'm attending a party at Bianca Rubble's which should be a lot of fun. 


I've finally made it to the top of my career and am now World Leader. To my friends and acquaintances I will always be Carol. Celebrated my senior birthday the other day by inviting friends over for a party.   Many thanks to all those in Bridgeport who made my promotion possible with their loyal support.

The next morning I went to visit with Romeo as he couldn't make it to my party. Guess what everybody, we shared our first kiss and had a wonderful date that evening. My heart's all aflutter and who would have thought I would find romance at this stage in my life. We'll see what happens from here. 


My story editor, Silver stopped in to visit me this morning see if I wanted to marry Romeo and move to new city because there seems to be some sort of marrying bug in games with single Sims and she knows I have a romantic interest with Romeo.  I know she means well but I told her that I love living here in Bridgeport and have no intentions of moving. It would be nice to be married but at this stage of my life it's not that important. As long as I can serve my fellow citizens, I'm happy and have made too many cherished friendships to ever want to leave. Some people are destined to be single but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy our lives spending time with friends, and making music together. Romeo and I do have a romantic interest in each other and we will see where that leads, but he is well into his senior years and I'm a senior now, so we're both happy to just hang out together and have a nice date from time to time. Have also almost reached my lifetime goal with just two skill levels left to master in guitar and charisma as well, I'm not far off from mastering the piano, drums, and bass skills as music is my life.

Silver's visit was cut short when the time seem to stand still for awhile. Hope it's working on her next visit as I have several things I need to do.

Hope that you've enjoyed my story to date and remember to cherish the friendships you've made in life because true friends are always there for you when you need them most.  Keep the music playing!


After my birthday, things got a little weird in my apartment when both my piano and drum set became invisible somehow, so thinking some paranormal activity was going on I decided to look for another apartment.   First I looked at an apartment just across the street from the building where Barry Tenderlove lives.  Believe me it was certainly not worth the 11,000 Sim dollars the owners were asking for.  It's just a garage made over to be a bachelor pad.  The owners left the garage door and it's a lot smaller than my previous apartment and only half of my stuff would fit comfortably.  Even the truck that came with it was battered looking.   Fortunately I found a much better apartment on Canal Ave just next to the bridge which is much nicer and was easily upgraded to a one-bedroom with a good sized bathroom and even has a cute little laundry room.  I also had a new open concept living and kitchen area where I could arraign my furniture comfortably.   My musical instruments are kept in storage and I bring out which ever one I'm in the mood to play which gives the place a more spacious look.


Now on to some sad news.  I received a message that Romeo was getting old and wouldn't live forever, not that I expected him to as death is a part of life.  The next day I tried several times to visit him but always just missed him as he went to work.  Guess he must have joined the army as he was wearing an army outfit when he was leaving his apartment as I arrived.   Unfortunately that was to the last time seeing him alive as I got the news that he had passed away.  We had only been in a romantic relationship for two days but still my heart is broken as I loved him with all my heart but I will treasure the good times we had together these last few weeks  especially the dances we shared and our first kiss.   Tom Wordy called later that evening and offered his condolences which were greatly appreciated.  It's nice to have friends who care about you in times of difficulty and helps the healing process to begin.


Now for a Short Tribute to Romeo Rake.


Romeo Rake was one of Bridgeport's most beloved citizens always making a difference where ever he went.  Before we became friends, Romeo had heard about music talents and challenged me to earn $50 in tips by playing my instruments in public which I accomplished.  Romeo was very impressed when he found out that I had earned over $65 in tips playing both my guitar and drums.  We then danced together at Waylon's Haunt, where I reported that the challenge was completed and our relationship just grew from there.  He started stopping in for a visit in the evenings and we would dance, chat, and jam together.  One day, I went to visit him and while we were sitting on the couch, Romeo kissed me and the rest is history. He will be mourned by his many friends and those he came in contact with through his job and by assisting those how needed help doing odd jobs or lending a listening ear when someone needed to chat.  


In closing I just have this to say  "May you rest in peace, Romeo and thank you for bringing a little romance into my life and I will never forget you".  Life will never be the same without you. 


Love,
Carol

1 comment:

  1. I love the perspective you are using for your writing. Makes for a very interesting read! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete